This private tour visits the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum, which...Read More
Book Online Today
– Visit the site where St Marks remains are kept
– Discover why the basilica is famously known as the church of Gold
– Feast your eyes on the Pal d’Oro with a detailed explanation.
St Marks Basilica Venice is commonly known as the Church of Gold for good reason. It is an extraordinary sight to behold. For that reason, it attracts millions of visitors every year and consequently, there are long lines. Fear not, this experience includes skip the line access to the Church of Gold.
The tour of the cathedral will be led by your expert and charismatic guide. During the tour your guide will explain the stories behind this masterpiece of Byzantine artwork, taking time to go into detail as you analyze the 43,000 square foot of Gold Mosaic in the Cathedral. Whilst you Guide is explaining the biblical scenes you will be comfortably seated on the pews of in the Basilica.
We save the best till last, as we explore the incredible history behind the Pala d’oro – the most exquisite example of Byzantine Enameling in the whole world. Prepare to be dazzled by the perfect symphony of Byzantine, Romanesque, and Gothic Art which come together in a display of unparalleled beauty inside St Marks Basilica Venice.
– Feel free to contact us with any questions related to your trip.
– Please be in the area 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
– Look out for a member of our team holding a Carpe Diem Rome sign.
– The tour will operate no matter the weather! No refunds
– Only small bags will be allowed inside
– Prohibited items include scissors, pocket knives, aerosols and liquids, even if less than 100ml (except for water)
– Please bring/wear: Comfortable walking shoes, a jacket or umbrella if rain is forecast and a water bottle.