This Colosseum Express Tour is for individuals with very limited time...
Book Online Today
– Skip the line Doges Palace Tickets included
– Experience the lives of the Venetian wealthy
– Visit the areas used by Napoleon
This guided tour in Venice includes skip the line Doges Palace Tickets – ensuring you beat crowds. Throughout the experience, your expert guide will bring the paintings back to life with stories of wonderful Venetian history and excellent foreign policy which lead to its nickname “Serenissima”.
Palazzo Ducale was the political heart of a wealthy and prosperous republic, that lasted over 1000 years, lead by the Duke of Venice and his council. Experience the fusion of cultural influences in the art that beautifully decorates the Palace. Venetian traders mastered the seas and controlled trade via Arabia allowing them to exclusive trade rights that extended as far as Asia. The result, an elaborate palace like no other containing an extravagant show of Byzantine, Romanesque, and even Gothic Art and Architecture!
The tour begins by marveling at the Giant Staircase, the route that the highest politician of Venice took to reach the Halls of Power and the breathtaking residential part of the palace. We will ascend on the next flight of steps; the golden staircase. Can you guess why it’s called the golden staircase? We will also cover the famous Bridge of Sighs as we explore the dingy prison, once home Giacomo Casanova. It is here that guide will tell tales of murder, conspiracy, and even prison break!
Join us on a fascinating journey back in time and relive the highs and lows of the Venetian Republic as you discover what life was really like for Venetians in the world’s most unique city. The included ticket also includes entrance to a few other palaces that surround St. Marks square, known as the old royal palaces, which you will be able to explore leisurely at your own pace after the tour. (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
– Feel free to contact us with any questions related to your trip.
– Please be in the area 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
– Look out for a member of our team holding a Carpe Diem Rome sign.
– The tour will operate no matter the weather! No refunds
– Only small bags will be allowed inside
– Prohibited items include scissors, pocket knives, aerosols and liquids, even if less than 100ml (except for water)
– Please bring/wear: Comfortable walking shoes, a jacket or umbrella if rain is forecast and a water bottle.