When in Rome don't just eat like a Roman... cook...
Book Online Today
– Private Best of Rome
– See the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona
– Completely private tour
– Guided by one of Rome’s most experienced tour guides
– Freedom to ask your guide any questions you like
– Take some incredible photos that will last a lifetime
– Experience some hidden gems only a local expert would know
Our bespoke private tours are the most premium experience we offer. From those with young kids who want a fun experience, to those who are looking for something heavy on the detail – each private tour is individually catered to your needs. Crowd-free, queue-free and stress-free, these tours are also ideal for those with mobility issues, who may struggle to keep up with a normal-sized group. After you book, we’ll be in touch to take note of your requirements so we can begin designing the perfect tour for you.
Take a break from the blood, gore and glory of Ancient Rome and join us on our Best of Rome tour – The only way to see the Eternal City! We’ll take you from the glory days of the Roman Empire through to the sparkling inspiration of the Renaissance Period and back again, exploring how Rome’s humble piazza’s – and the churches, fountains and statues that inhabit them – have played their part in cultivating the city’s rich and sprawling history.
From ancient times to the modern day, Romans have always known the importance of the humble square. To them, the square – or Piazza – is not just a landmark. It’s a place to meet people, to share ideas, to share food or wine, to play cards or football, to listen to music or to indulge in a heady romance. And our starting point, the monumental Piazza Venezia, feels like the ideal place to begin our tour.
We’ll then make our way to one of Rome’s most romantic spots, the beautiful Trevi Fountain. A pinnacle of Baroque architecture, it’s truly a joy to behold. We’ll spend around 30 minutes here, giving you time to throw coins, make wishes and visit our favourite gelato spot.
Surrounded by rustic cobbled alleyways, our next stop – the towering Pantheon – seems to appear from nowhere. Built by Emperor Hadrian nearly 2000-years-ago, it remains to this day the largest unreinforced concrete dome in the world.
We’ll then make our way to one of Rome’s most romantic spots, the Trevi Fountain. A pinnacle of Baroque architecture, it’s truly a joy to behold. And it’s made even more of a joy by the delicious artisan gelato we’ll enjoy whilst there. Produced with locally-sourced ingredients, this stuff is some of the most mouth-wateringly smooth, rich and creamy ice cream you’re ever likely to taste.
We’ll finish the tour at Piazza Navona, which – surrounded by bustling bars and restaurants – is a perfect launchpad for you to go on and enjoy lunch, dinner or a drink. Be sure to ask our guides for recommendations – they know all the hidden gems.
This route covers about 2 kilometres in total and is conducted at a leisurely pace that is suitable for all. The tour duration is around 2 hours.
– Feel free to contact us with any questions related to your trip
– Please be in the area 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time
– Look out for a member of our team holding a Carpe Diem Rome sign
– The tour will operate no matter the weather! No refunds
– Only small bags will be allowed inside
– Prohibited items include scissors, pocket knives, aerosols and liquids, even if less than 100ml (except for water)
– Please bring/wear: Comfortable walking shoes, a jacket or umbrella if rain is forecast and a water bottle